See assignment sheet for further details, or ask your teacher.
Remember, you must choose ONE of these questions to research.
1. Hamlet is often lauded as the language's first modern play. Determine the characteristics of one of the central characters that account for this.
2. Why is death a constant end in the tragedies written by Shakespeare?
3. Why do all tragedies of Shakespeare feature the occult?
4. Is Hamlet primarily a tragedy of revenge?
5. What was expected of women in relation to men when Shakespeare wrote Hamlet? What were gender roles like?