Agents of Socialization
If you have questions about research, citations, or just need some guidance while completing an assignment, don't hesitate to ask! I'm always available to help out, either in person or via email.
- Ms. Pronovost
Library hours: 7am-3pm Monday-Thursday, 7am-2pm Friday
How do Agents of Socialization Affect Who We Are (the self)? And/Or
How do Agents of Socialization Affect How We Interact with Society?
(1) Content: Deeper Knowledge of the Agents of Socialization
(2) Research in Sociology Skills at the Introductory Level; Using the Scientific Method
(3) How to be an effective and contributing member of a social group (groups no larger than 3)
(1) Agent of Socialization: School
How does a student’s academic performance contribute to feelings of belonging in the high school?
Research Method: Surveys and Interviews
Searching: Library Databases: Current Events: Opposing Viewpoints: academic performance
(2) Agent of Socialization: Family
Research Question: How does the presence of same-sex parents affect a child’s sense of self-esteem?
Research Method: Surveys, Interviews, and Existing Sources
Searching: Google: Same-sex parenting
According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, the scientific method "is the technique used in the construction and testing of a scientific hypothesis," namely "the process of observing, asking questions, and seeking answers through tests and experiments." It's used in many of the the sciences, including social sciences.